Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rant and inspiration

Rant/Blurb of the Day :)


A qoute I found in one of the art books I've been reading:

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." -Edgar Degas

I believe as an artist this quote to be true. As an artist, I think we are always trying to convey something in out work: a message, an emotion, idea, and so on to the viewers of our work. Sometimes it can be something big to change a persons' viewpoint on something or something small like making something cute looking to earn some money, but non-the-less we are still trying our hardest to have our viewers SEE it.

Here's a link to someone cool examples of art that are all about conveying a message: http://www.boredpanda.com/powerful-social-advertisements/





Two week old Sketches!

Okay, so I could have put up yesterdays' sketches today but today I felt like making a point. After reading the quote I sketch out theses drawings each one is the same quote but conveys a different message though the use of layout, choice of what words are emphasized and even a little imagery(like the face decoration in the bottom right sketch). Conveying your message is all a processes first starting with ideas. 



1 comment: